Friday, March 1, 2013

Photo Masters



Mathew Brady
1822-1896 

 I see the stress that the soldiers in the Civil War must have meen feeling. This shows the braveness of the people who went to war.

 The loneliness that is individual expresses tells me that at this time period was rough and cold. 

Brady was able to photograph very influential people and this photo of Abraham Lincoln is an example that if you put your mind to it then you can accomplish anything.


Alvin Coburn 
1882-1966

"Vortograph" 1917
This picture is intriguing because of everything that there is to look at even though we don't quite know what that object actually is. 
"The Octopus" 1912
 This view from some tall structure gives a unique perspective down to a common area in a city and I think is shows that everything is interesting if looked at differently. 
"House of a Thousand Windows" 1912
I am not sure where this building us but I love it. The fact that humans are able to build such an amazing building is very interesting. 



LeRoy Grannis
1917-2012

Hermosa Beach Strand 1917 
To me, this shows how free people were able be in the 1900's. T
They were highly care free. 
Duke Contest Finalists, Sunset Beach 1917
These surfers look excited to get into the water. It would be fun to be able to surf.
I am jealous of them. 
 Waimea No, 75, 1972 
If I were able to do this, this is all I would do. It would be so amazing
to be able to just float on top of the water like that. 



Sam Abell
1945-Present

 On a Speedboat 1994
 His wife denise 1998
This is his father. 1998



Cara Phillips

White Before and After Room, 2007
This photo makes the doctors office seem eerie. As if you are the only one
that is there, being treated. 
Brown Consultation Chair, 2007
This looks like a dentist chair. I hate the dentist and this photo say to me "Your teeth
need some fixing."

Blue Anesthesia Machine, 2007
I have no idea what that is, or if it is even a real anesthesia machine, but I think
that this picture is very nice. The lighting draws your attention to the object in the center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment